5/4/20: Changes to Sail Camp Policy: Under new guidelines by Marin County Department of Health, we are allowed to operate our 2020 programs under certain restrictions. While we are still confirming our partnerships with our location hosts, Marin Yacht Club and Loch Lomond Marina, we are proceeding with the intention of operating at least our Basic/ Intermediate Sail Camp (2 week) sessions. More information will become available regarding Mini Camp, SEA Explorers and Advanced camp as we review our capabilities and develop our operations protocol with safety at the forefront of our decision to fully open all programs.
According to new regulations we are allowed to operate with groups of 12 participants and fewer. We are limited, at this time, to only accepting children of "essential workers". We will be adjusting our daily operations to ensure safety of all participants, our students, their families, our staff and our general community. We will be happy to share our new measures with anyone interested to know what we are doing to reduce risk, please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Registration Protocol: For anyone looking to register for Basic/Intermediate Sail Camp, please consider whether you are an "essential worker". While it's possible that by the time camp sessions start, restrictions may be further relaxed to allow us to accept all children, not just "essential worker" children, we must operate within the current guidelines as they are currently written. We are working with legal counsel to determine what type of proof we will require from parents to show that they are "essential" and will have more details as we move forward. - If you are "essential", you may register for camp as usual, the registration form is live as is the payment button on the Sail Camp page. Please register and pay for the course as usual. - If you are not considered "essential", please complete the registration form but do not pay for the course. We will contact you closer to the date of camp should restrictions change to allow us to accept your child into camp and you may complete the payment at that time.
If you have any questions regarding our process and our limitations, please feel free to contact our Program Director Meghan Hartnett via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Canellation Policy- Cancellation due to a COVID-19 related reason will be fully refunded. Should SEA need to cancel the camp session due to COVID-19, you will be offered a credit to be used for 2021 season, or a full refund.
4/15-/20: COVID-19 Update: The health and safety of our campers, their families and our staff is the top priority of SEA. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 and will continue to operate under the advisement of city, county and state officials and the CDC. At this time, our summer camp program will still take place as scheduled. Should any changes to the scheduling take place, we will contact registered families via email and continue to post updates on our website. We appreciate your patience during this time and we look forward to welcoming your children to camp now more than ever!
3/23/20: Dear Community, The health and safety of our community is always extremely important to us at SEA. We are all committed to follow the national and local health agencies’ directions and advice to help “flatten the curve” and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Let’s work together to keep our community as healthy as possible during these extraordinary times. Like many businesses, we are in a holding pattern until April 7th, SEA has canceled all of its events until that date. We are operating under these current assumptions: ● All of our programs will begin when the national and local health departments say it is safe to resume day-to-day operations and will continue to update our community as we gather more information and directives from the State and Health Department. ● As of March 23nd, our summer season scheduled programming has not changed, including our entire Summer Camp for kids, and Adult courses, and our Open Sails. We will await further direction after April 7th. SEA and its leadership are monitoring the situation daily and will make updates to our schedule as needed. We are committed to timely communications with you, and of course, we’ll post to our website, and to Facebook and twitter. Even with all of this immediate uncertainty, we are still looking forward to a summer of sailing! SEA is encouraging you to continue your summer sailing plans and sign up for courses with confidence. As such, we know there is a lot of financial uncertainty given the current environment: ● SEA will assess its schedule and conduct its programs based on guidelines from national and local health agencies ● If you pay or have paid for a program that becomes canceled, SEA will offer a choice of either a credit you for a future camp or course, or will refund your fees in full. You will be contacted directly with any changes to your scheduled camp or course. SEA is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our entire community. We will continue to monitor the Marin Health and Human Services, California Department of Public Health, and CDC websites and will update any future changes as soon as we have more information. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation and support. Please stay safe. We look forward to supporting our local communities and getting back on the water with you and your families!